This post will show you the best ways to buy litecoins using many different payment methods and exchanges for each method. Before you start, make sure you have a good litecoin wallet to store your LTC. NEVER store your litecoins on a crypto exchange.
Popular Exchanges eToro
- Start trading fast; high limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- Your capital is at risk.
- High liquidity and buying limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- “Instant Buy” option available with debit card
- Works in almost all countries
- Highest limits for buying bitcoins with a credit card
- Reliable and trusted broker
Buy Litecoin with Credit Card or Debit Card
Let’s dive into some of the exchanges supporting Litecoin credit card purchases.
These exchanges are our favorite ways to buy.
Coinbase is the easiest way to buy litecoins with a credit card.
Coinbase is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
The fees will come out to 3.99% per purchase.
Here is a good video that can help walk you through the process of buying on Coinbase, although it’s fairly easy.
Coinmama recently added the ability to buy litecoin directly on the platform. Users from nearly any country in the world can use Coinmama to buy litecoins.
Coinmama has some of the highest limits among credit card exchanges.
BitPanda is based in Austria and is a crypto brokerage service. You can buy using a credit card from most European countries.
CEX.io is based in the UK and is one of the oldest crypto exchanges online.
CEX.io supports litecoin and its users from nearly anywhere in the world can buy litecoin with credit card on the platform.
Buy Litecoin with Bank Account or Bank Transfer
Coinbase is the easiest way to buy litecoins with a bank account or transfer.
Coinbase, like is is for credit cards, is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Coinbase is one of primary exchanges used to buy Litecoins.
Americans can use ACH transfer (5–7 days wait), and Europeans can use SEPA transfer (1–3 days wait).
The fees will come out to 1.49% per purchase.
BitPanda is based in Austria and is a crypto brokerage service. You can buy using SEPA transfer from most European countries. You can also use SOFORT, NETELLER, or GiroPay.
CEX.io also supports litecoin buys via bank account. This is via wire transfer for US citizens, SEPA for Europe, and SWIFT for the rest of the globe.
Binance is now one of the largest if not the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. It supports bank and card purchases of Litecoin as well as Litecoin trading pairs with Bitcoin and Etehreum.
Get a Litecoin Wallet
Before we move onto other options:
Never store your litecoins on an exchange!
Always withdrawal your litecoin to an offline cryptocurrency wallet like the Ledger Nano S or any other wallet that you control.
The Ledger Nano S and TREZOR are the best options for secure storage.
Other Methods to Buy Litecoin
If you don’t have a card or want to avoid the high fees, you can use the following methods to buy Litecoin as well.
Find out which one works best for you.
Buy Litecoin with PayPal
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to buy Litecoin with PayPal. Other sites will tell you that cex allows for this, but that is no longer the case.
You can, however, now use eToro to buy Litecoin, unless you live in the United States.
If you live in the US, the only way to buy Litecoin with Paypal is to buy Bitcoin using paypal, and then use the Bitcoins to buy Litecoin. You can easily buy Bitcoin using Paypal on Local Bitcoins. Once you have Bitcoin, you can use an exchange like Coinbase Pro to swap the Bitcoin for Litecoin.
Buy Litecoin with Cash
There is no good way to buy litecoins with cash. LocalBitcoins is the most popular way to buy bitcoins with cash, and it does not have Litecoin support. Other popular cash to Bitcoin exchanges like BitQuick and Wall of Coins also do not support LTC. So you will have to first buy bitcoins with cash then exchange them for LTC using the method described below.
The same goes for Bitcoin ATMs. Most do not support Litecoin. So if you want to buy litecoins at a Bitcoin ATM you first have to buy bitcoins and then trade the BTC for litecoins.
Buy Litecoin with Bitcoin
If you already have Bitcoins then it is VERY simple to convert some of your BTC to litecoins.
You just need to find an exchange with the LTC/BTC pair, which is most exchanges since LTC/BTC is a very popular pair to trade.
Buy Litecoin with Skrill
BitPanda, mentioned above, also accepts Skrill payments for LTC. The fees will vary and are simply included in your buy price.
is probably the fastest way to convert BTC to Litecoin. You just enter the amount of LTC you want to buy, and give them a LTC address. Then they will tell you how much BTC to send to their address. Once your BTC is sent, you will have LTC delivered to your wallet very shortly after.
Buy Litecoin with Ethereum
Ethereum has experienced a massive price rise. Nearly a year ago it was $10, and now at over $500, many want to move some of their ETH gains into other coins like Litecoin.
Litecoin has very good liquidity, and is very popular among traders especially in China.
So this guide is going to show you how to buy litecoins with Ethereum. We will show some of the best exchanges you can use, and the pros and cons of using different types of exchanges over the other.
is one of the most unique exchanges, and also one of the fastest ways to convert your ETH to LTC.
With Cryptmixer you do not even need to store your money with the exchange, meaning you are at very little risk of getting your funds stolen.
With Cryptmixer you simply specify the amount of LTC you want to buy, and specific the address to where your litecoins should be sent and within 30 minutes you will have LTC delivered to your wallet.
Poloniex is the world’s largest altcoin exchange. However, there is a huge downside to using Poloniex to convert your ETH to LTC:
Poloniex does not have a LTC/ETH market, meaning you have to first trade your ETH to BTC, and then trade your BTC for LTC.
While this method works, you will have to make multiple trades and also pay fees twice.
Shapeshift is basically the same as Cryptmixer, and was actually the first company to come up with the concept of an exchange that does not hold your own funds.
Frequently Asked Questions About Buying Litecoin
Many of you may still have lots of questions about how to buy Litecoin.
Odds are we have answered almost any question you could think of below.
We will aim to answer many of the most common questions relating to buying Litecoin.
Why are there limited options to buying Litecoin using other altcoins?
The issue in all crypto markets is liquidity. As the space gets bigger, the liquidity also gets better. But as of now, the only VERY liquid cryptocurrency is Bitcoin. So exchanging two altcoins between each other is often harder than if BTC was involved on one side of the trade.
How much is a Litecoin worth?
Like all currencies, the value of Litecoin changes every second. The value of Litecoin also depends on the country you are in and the exchange you are trading on. You can find the most up to date price on Coinbase
How do I buy Ripple (XRP) with Litecoin?
The best way to buy Ripple using Litecoin is to either use a non KYC exchange like Cryptmixer or start an account on Binance
or Coinbase Pro and sell your Litecoin for Ripple. Look for LTC/XRP trading pairs, and make your trade.
How long does Litecoin take to confirm?
Litecoin blocks are added ever 2 and a half minutes. That means you should get one confirmation every two and a half minutes. This can vary if it takes miners longer to discover a block, but the difficulty of the finding a block should change proportionate to the hashing power on the network so that a block gets added approximately every 2.5 minutes.
If you are trying to send money to a merchant, they may require more than one confirmation before they send you products. If you are depositing on an exchange, they may also require three or more confirmations before they credit your account.
How many Litoshis make one Litecoin?
one hundred million (100,000,000) Litoshis make one (1) Litecoin.
Where do I store Litecoin?
The best place to store litecoin is on a hardware wallet. You can find the best one for you on our page dedicated to hardware wallets.
When is the Litecoin halving?
The expected date of the next Litecoin block reward halving is August 7th, 2023.
Why can litecoin take so long to buy?
Litecoin can take long to buy because the legacy banking system is very slow. If you are buying with another cryptocurrency, you will see how fast it is to buy!
Bank transfer in the USA, for example, take about 5 days to complete. So any purchase of Litecoin made with a US bank transfer will take a minimum of 5 days.
How do I buy Litecoin with Paypal?
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to buy Litcoin with PayPal. Other sites will tell you that cex allows for this, but that is no longer the case.
You can, however, now use eToro to buy Litcoineum, unless you live in the United States.
If you live in the US, the only way to buy Litcoin with Paypal is to buy Bitcoin using paypal, and then use the Bitcoins to buy Litcoin. You can easily buy Bitcoin using Paypal on Local Bitcoins. Once you have Bitcoin, you can use an exchange like Cryptmixer to swap the Bitcoin for Litcoin.
Can you buy partial litecoins?
Yes, litecoin, like Bitcoin, is divisible to many decimal places so you can buy 0.1 LTC, 0.001 LTC, etc.
Can you sell litecoin?
Yes, you can sell LTC on most of the exchanges mentioned above. The fees, speed, and privacy is the same in most cases.
Can anyone buy litecoins?
Anyone is free to buy litecoins, as long as you find an exchange that supports your country. Most cryptocurrency wallets do not require ID to sign up so you can always make a wallet and get paid in litecoin, too.
Which payment method is best to use?
For speed, credit card will likely be fastest. For larger amounts, bank transfer is best. For privacy, it’s best to buy bitcoins with cash and then trade for litecoins using Cryptmixer or Shapeshift.
Is it better to mine or buy litecoins?
If you have cheap electricity, it might be worth it to mine litecoins. If you have solar power or just want to mine for fun then it could be worth it. Otherwise, it’s probably better just to buy.
Mining is constantly changing and small changes in Litecoin price or electricity can greatly affect your profitability.
What should I do with my litecoins once I buy?
You should immediately move your litecoins into a secure wallet. You should never leave your litecoins on an exchange. There have been countless hacks in cryptocurrency since Bitcoin was created in 2009. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost money. So buy your litecoins, and then instantly send them into a wallet you control so you are not at risk of losing money to a hack or scam.
8. Buy Bitcoin with Skrill through Paybis. Paybis is a user-friendly intuitive cryptocurrency exchange allowing users to easily buy Bitcoin with Skrill. The UK based exchange aims to take away the complications of buying cryptocurrencies combined with a clear fee structure and helpful customer support. Buy Binance Coin with Neteller at Paybis. Our cryptocurrency exchange platform is accessible 24/7 and offers safe and fast transactions. Sep 29, 2020 Paybis Adds Support for 43 New Currencies! Private. Paybis private services . Exchange . Best place to buy or sell crypto . Business. Paybis business services . Liquidity services . Liquidity provider with KYC and more . Company. About us . Our ... Here is another Bitcoin exchange where you can buy and sell Bitcoin in Ghana. The exchange is based in Nigeria with branches in Ghana, UK, and USA. Patricia was founded in 2018 by Hanu Agbodje. The digital assets available on this exchange include Bitcoin, Giftcards, Patricia Cards, Perfect Money, PayPal funds, etc. Bitcoin is the world’s first and still de-facto cryptocurrency of choice. In what started as a digital token worth just a fraction of a cent has since grown to a multi-billion dollar asset class ... What is Bitcoin and how do you make money with BTC? Digital money as an alternative to the form of electronic money, everyone knows bitcoin, but what exactly is BTC?The underlying technology of Bitcoin BTC is the blockchain, and Bitcoin BTC is the only mature blockchain landing product so far.The origin of Bitcoin BTC: Satoshi Nakamoto, an Internet geek, first proposed the concept of Bitcoin ... Asset Exchange® - Buy, Sell Exchange, Trading Bitcoin & Ethereum in your crypto. by admin 8 months ago. 14:24. Most popular crypto wallets - INSANE!!! BITCOIN to $300'000 & ETH to $5'000 if THIS HAPPENS!! w. The . by admin 8 months ago. 04:11. Xapo Mining. Download Free Private Key Generator For Bitcoin And Ethereum New Full Version 2020. by admin 8 months ago. 01:36. Add Ethereum to ... We have here another excellent exchange where you can buy/sell bitcoin in Kenya. Pursa exchange was launched by Mbuh Jude in September 2018. He is also the CEO/Founder of the GlobexCam Group. The company is located in Cameroon. Impressively, this exchange allows you to buy and sell Bitcoin using any payment method that you prefer. It’s now easy to sell Bitcoin as a Paxful vendor. You have the freedom to set your own rates, and also the luxury of over 300 payment options to get paid for the Bitcoin you sell. As Paxful is a peer-to-peer marketplace, you can sell your Bitcoin directly to over 3 million users worldwide. Our platform makes it extremely easy for beginners and veterans alike to make a profit. I guess he used this experience to help make Binance what it is today! Before Binance opened their exchange, they raised money through an initial coin offering (ICO). This is very similar to crowdfunding, where people can invest to help a company get started. However, an ICO is still different, as people invest cryptocurrency instead of real-world money. The Binance ICO raised the equivalent ... Overall, Bitcoin is a form of money that functions without a central bank or administrator. You can use it to buy ordinary goods, as more and more vendors start to accept both traditional money and Bitcoin. All you need to do to make a transaction with Bitcoin is to send a complete bitcoin or a part of bitcoin to the seller or merchant. The ...
Buy Sell and Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum and Other Crypto Assets Binance.com (Exchange site, not a wallet.) ... can i transfer money to binance send money to binance binance referral program binance ... 🔲 My Top 3 Recommended Exchanges 🔵 Phemex http://bit.ly/JackPhemex - $120 FREE Bonus 🟠 Bybit http://bit.ly/JackBybit - FREE $390 Code: CRYPTOJACK300 ... BitCoiN BraN 36,841 views. 10:05 . Copy & Paste Videos on YouTube and Earn $100 to $300 Per Day - FULL TUTORIAL (Make Money Online) - Duration: 22:51. BIG MARK Recommended for you. 22:51. Binance ... 1. What is Bitcoin 2. Best Bitcoin wallets in India 3. How to buy and sell bitcoins in India 4. How to trade bitcoins 5. How to make huge profit from bitcoins 6. How to withdraw funds to your bank ... https://www.binance.com/?ref=11688995 Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=brandon71101 Receive $10 worth of Bitcoin when you set up your coinbase wallet a... Binance Referral Link: https://www.binance.com/?ref=10032980 ----- Coinbase recieve $10 when y... How to buy and sell Cryptocurrencys on Binance. BitCoin and Ripple Binance https://goo.gl/AzWFhh Once you buy or sell $100 of digital currency or more will g... Earn Money With Mobile phone - ෆෝන් එකෙන් සල්ලි හොයන්නේ මෙහෙමයි - Duration: 14:37. tecHCD Recommended for you 14:37 Bienvenido! Si te gusto el video dale Like y Suscribite! Hi there, on this channel I make videos on: • Stock Investing • Basic Financial Advice • Best Stocks... Want to BUY or Sell Bitcoin What's app me 9877668722 Bitcoin to INR convert through skill. Very practically described in this video and convert bitcoin to Indian rupees.